WOW! Already October 1st...the hoodies, jeans, and boots are out in eager anticipation of fall. This is my favorite season for many, many reasons. I love the cool, fresh, Canadian air that finally breaks the heat and humidity that's been overbearing these last few months. I love the smell of apples baking, damp leaves on the ground, and the clean smell of cool, fresh air! There is nothing I enjoy quite as much as the first cup of hot cocoa, going on a hay ride, and carving pumpkins.
One of my favorite days of the year is Halloween and we here at the Bowser home do it bigger and better every year. To top last year's puking pumpkin, I am creating giant spider webs and the kids and I are going to make a couple dozen egg-carton, tea-light spiders to cover the porch! I'm sure it will be spoooooooookkkkkyyyyyy! The kids genuinely enjoy decorating and are always eager to help with this. It will be interesting to see what Kevin's take is on his first Halloween with us. I'm sure that he and Andrew will be darling as Pooh and Piglet. Eddie is going as Megatron the Decepticon and Mallie is going as a geisha. I don't know what I'll be doing yet, if anything this year, with four kids in tow.
So, we're off to embrace fall....to take in God's beauty and colorful splendor that will surround us during this brilliant time of year!
No comments:
Post a Comment